Monday, September 17, 2007

Aqueduct w/Apples In Stereo @ Music Hall of Williamsburg, Sept. 16, 2007


I guess technically Apples in Stereo headlined, but I mainly came to see Aqueduct perform their latest album "Or Give Me Death" (which, if you don't have, I highly recommend!). Lead singer David Terry has a lot of great energy, and really makes the show fun. They played all the songs I wanted to hear, especially "As You Wish," with those three-part vocal harmonies, and "Keep It Together." I read somewhere that he recorded the whole album by himself, which would be quite an impressive feat, given the sound quality and fluidity of it, but I kinda doubt it, since it seems like his bandmates have been playing together for years (also, the Aqueduct bass player is hot. So, check 'em out if you're into hot dude bass players, which I am not.) Apples In Stereo was pretty good too. But they sort of only play in one dynamic style, straight-forward mid-tempo pop/rock, which can get tiring after a while (throw a ballad in there man!). But they did have one band member dressed like an astronaut, for those outer-space sounds....wooooord.

No comments: