Monday, September 21, 2009

The Dynamites feat. Charles Walker @ Pianos, September 18th, 2009


I had originally come out to support Ezra's band Diehard, who have a new bassist, and sound better than ever. But I'd rather talk about the headlining act, The Dynamites feat. Charles Walker, who, not knowing a thing about them, really stole the night. Alright, seriously, calling yourself "The Dynamites" is kind of an ego-trip. But then I saw them, and now I get it. They're just a really tight funk/soul band headed by the incredibly charismatic lead vocalist, Charles Walker. He's like a mix of James Brown and Marvin Gaye, so, umm, amazing. His stage presence just pulls you in and doesn't let you go. Totally made the show worth while. And the band was like uber-tight. My video doesn't even do it justice.

No comments: