Friday, February 20, 2009

Titus Andronicus w/ Los Campesinos @ Bowery Ballroom, February 14th, 2009



So what do you do when you're single on Valentine's day? You go to a rock show by yourself, that's what! I actually liked openers, Titus Andronicus, a little better than Los Campesinos. Titus was more straight forward rock, with three guitars, bass, drums, and a lead singer who really screams his head off (can you see the bass player standing on his amp? Pretty dope.) Also, Titus did a Modern Lover's cover, "Roadrunner" declaring it the best rock song ever written. You know, they're kinda right...


Los Campesinos wrote not one, but two critically acclaimed albums last year. Also, my friend Dave said they put on a killer live show, so I decided to check 'em out. I guess my expectations were a little too high. No doubt they're pretty good, with some interesting instrumentation, but I found myself getting a little annoyed by the lead singer's accent. He sounded a little too bloc party-ish for me. I'd had enough of standing around by myself next to couples making-out, and left half way thru the set to meet a friend at a bar nearby. Another V-day down the tubes.

No comments: