Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Cribs w/ White Rabbits @ Bowery Ballroom, Thurs. Aug 9th.


The Cribs show was sold out, so I had to scalp a ticket. For some reason I just can't get enough of this band. Every time they come to town I am tempted to see them. Maybe I just like energetic bands that i can jump around and sing-a-long to. Or maybe I am secretly attracted to pretty boys from England? Either way this show was rowdy. There was one kid in the crowd, who was really causing trouble, getting violent, kinda ruined the fun a little. Eventually, he got kicked out and things calmed down a bit, but for a while half of my attention was spent trying to avoid him. The band was in a pissy mood too, i think. They opened with "Hey Scenesters" and Ryan added the line "You're all a bunch of pricks!" to the end of the song, which is true, especially if you look at how Pitchfork rated their last albums (C'mon! 3.0 for The New Fellas? You're F-ing Daft!). Also, they were peeved that the people in the back weren't as into it as the kids in the front. What can you do dude? You can't force people to dance. Anyway, I also saw a little bit of openers White Rabbits play, and I know people rave about that band, but I just couldn't get into it, no matter how hard they tried. Although their song "The Plot" is undeniably catchy...

No comments: