Friday, May 4, 2007

The Cribs, Ra Ra Riot @ Mercury Lounge May 3rd, 2007

Whoops! I forgot my camera... again. This shit always happens. Last time I forgot it at the Sh-Sh-Shark Attack show, but that wasn't even worth it to blog. I was really hoping they would call themselves "Sh-Sh-Sh-Shark Attack" (pronouncing every "sh") when they announced themselves to the audience , like how it is spelled on their flyers, but alas they just called themselves 'shark attack' (without any sh's - lame) and I was sorely disappointed. But I digress!

Ra Ra Riot (who pronounce every 'Ra') was their typical fun and sexy self, maybe not as energetic as some previous shows I've seen, but still solid. Their new song 'Each Year' was great live and is my new fav (see myspace profile). As for The Cribs, naturally, they killed it. I think Carlo got it right: they need like a song or two to warm up but then its 40 minutes of sweaty attitude from Leeds. It's probably a good thing I forgot my camera, because otherwise I would've been unable to help that one dude crowd surf. And I'm sure if you searched the interweb, you could find some nice pictures from this show (probably even one of me jumping up and down like a goon - cuz i was). Gosh, i love the rock.

No comments: