Saturday, June 9, 2007

Animal Collective @ South Street Seaport - Friday June 1st, 2007

My camera broke. It fell literally half a foot onto my desk and now I get the infamous lens error that makes these Canon POS (pieces of s---) famous. Hopefully, this blog won't die just for the lack of a camera, but it will be a lot less pretty to look at, and I'm in no mood to drop another buck fifty on unreliable technology (i might even go back to analog photography!).
Anyway, this Animal Collective show was hipster heaven. I haven't seen this many hipsters in one place since the Les Savy Fav show at the McCarren Pool last summer. They were everywhere. And just as cool and unaffected as ever. (I have photos but i can't get them off my dumb camera). AC played a tight set, I don't know their stuff that well, but I love Panda Bear, so I had to check out the goods, and they delivered. Hopefully next time, I won't be behind the stage (there were too many people in front to get around) and the sound will be better. But hey at least at the seaport you can drink Margaritas on the street. Right on.

No comments: